While we celebrate our schools every day, for one week of each year, early college high schools across the country, as well as their partners, join together in celebrating and promoting the power of early college.
The Benefit of Early College High School
Early college high schools work for students and their families:
- Students earn college credit at no cost to them or their family.
- The early college high school approach creates a seamless transition between high school and college.
- Staff at early colleges guide and support students throughout their blended high school, industry credential and college experiences.
See the Data
- We’re closing the education gap in Ohio with 95% of early college high school students continuing on in higher education.
- Outside research from the American Institutes for Research (AIR) on Ohio KnowledgeWorks early college high schools shows that students at KnowledgeWorks schools significantly outperformed a group similar students at a non-KnowledgeWorks schools on the OGT (by between 2 and 7 points, on average).
- The odds of students at KnowledgeWorks schools graduating from high school were about 1.6 times greater than the those for matched comparisons.
Do you have your own success story to share? Post it on Twitter using #ECWeek16 or on Facebook and tag KnowledgeWorks. We can’t wait to read the great things happening in early college high schools across the country.
Kate Westrich manages the EDWorks website and blog, along with our presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Google Plus.